Monday, April 27, 2009

Day: -1

Tomorrow I get the ducks, Conner, and Sally.

To begin I would like to say that this is or was a class project for Ms. Aslinger, and my, Pre-K class. This blog is possible for their parents to keep tabs on the ducks for the kids in a semi real time manner, to post pictures and milestones of their development. I will never us the names of our children in this blog.

Now, disclaimer aside, tomorrow I am bringing the ducklings home. I am doing this because I volunteered to. I said I would love two of them for myself, and sadly we only have two, out of the dozen we were given. (No we aren't unable to hatch eggs, someone messed with our humidity, and temperature settings on the incubator. Ms. Aslinger has hatched them for the past several years.) So with the hatching of our first, and sadly his subsequent death that night, we worried about the others.

Happily Conner came on Friday the 24th, and Sally on Saturday the 26th. The other eggs were duds, never hatching. Ms. Aslinger took the home over the weekend to watch them closely. Today we all gave thanks for two healthy, and rather mischievous Ducks. Tomorrow I will bring them home and rear them as mine.

More to come soon.

1 comment:

  1. Those are some mighty cute ducklings! Have fun with them!

    ReplyDelete